28 July 2011

Trout and an Easy Rice Side Dish

My husband will be happy I posted this because he is actually the one who made it. We try to eat fish. Usually we buy frozen Tilapia or Mahi Mahi filets at Costco. Last time we stocked up on fish we decided to get some trout too. It's just been sitting in the freezer, because I have no idea how to cook trout.  After a day of flying back into town and also going to the hubby's work picnic we wanted something light for dinner. I said there was trout in the freezer if he could figure out something to do with it and he did and it was delicious. He found this recipe and made minor changes, sorry we don't keep fresh jalapenos on hand.  I cooked some white rice in chicken broth with some sauteed green onions to eat on the side. It was a nice simple meal.


Foil Wrapped Jalapeno Lemon Trout
  • 2 trout fillets
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 can diced jalepeno
  • 1 lemon, sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Rinse fish, and pat dry.  Rub fillets with olive oil, and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Place each fillet on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Top with diced jalapeno, and squeeze the juice from the ends of the lemons over the fish. Arrange lemon slices on top of fillets. Carefully seal all edges of the foil to form enclosed packets. Place packets on baking sheet.  Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of fish. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.              

Easy Rice Side Dish

  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • butter
  • 1 cup white rice
  • 2 cups chicken broth

In a pot large enough to boil rice, melt butter and lightly sautee the green onion. Add the chicken broth and the rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer until rice is done.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...