04 October 2012

Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Pizza

I'm ready for fall to start. Unfortunately the weather here has still been consistently in the 80s. Luckily, the weather looks like it should finally be cooling down, so we have a nice fall weekend planned out with a corn maze and caramel apples.  In the meantime I had to cave in to the fall and caramel apple cravings. I felt like baking one Sunday and came across a recipe for a Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Pizza in the 101 More Things to Do with a Cake Mix cook book. The perfect recipe for fall. I need to mention that I used a funfetti cake mix for this because it was the only cake mix I had in my cupboard and it was a little extra sweet with the sugar sprinkles mixed in so I would recommend using the white cake or yellow cake mix. Maybe a chocolate cake mix would be good too.

Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Pizza
adapted from 101 More Things to do with a Cake Mix
Pizza crust:
  • 1 white or yellow cake mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/2 cup flour
Topping layers:
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped apples
  • 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
  • mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mix together ingredients to make crust dough. Press dough evenly into a Jelly roll pan or roll out on a baking stone or pizza pan. Bake 10-14 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Let cool completely Mix together cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. Spread evenly over the top of the cooled crust.  Arrange apples over the top, drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Keep refrigerated.


1 comment :

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...